What is a Life Coach?
- An experienced professional who provides guidance to individuals with regards progressing in general life, as well as goals, business life, career, relationships, etc.
- They carry out modification processes in the lives of their clients in the advancement of their endeavours by assessing the existing situation, and building on it to facilitate their growth by setting goals and outlining the course of action that will enhance the client’s accomplishments.
- They have vast knowledge and experience with varying skills; communication (listening/speaking) skills, interpersonal relationship and critical thinking abilities. These help evaluate your situation, set goals, and bring out the best of your potential in the accomplishment of goals.
When Should I See A Life Coach?
Coaching services accommodate all and sundry seeking advancement in life endeavours. Due to the varying degree of services of a life coach, you can seek a life coach at the following life stages/situations
- Seeking clarity of purpose:Identifying goals and means of accomplishments are better done with a life coach with better ideas, and knowledge of psychology.. They help to set a path and means to stay on track, meet goals and live your purpose.
- Starting a new business:A coach serves as a support mechanism that provides guides on the steps to take in creating and developing a business, as well as other lines of action and better-placed positions that will facilitate the growth of the business when it eventually comes into existence.
- Need to improve relationship:Situations arise that will require the creation and maintenance of relationships either in businesses, workplace or intimate relationship with partners. Coaches with vast knowledge of interactivity, loving relationships are the best bet to call.
- Career change:There are moments where you are faced with opportunities for career advancements in the form of switching from one job to another. This situation presents a dilemma that requires expert advice on the next line of action to take that will ensure a sense of fulfilment in the chosen career.
- Esteem issues:Feeling low and have a need to boost your self-worth and how you are looked at by colleagues or society? A life coach is the person to visit. They provide the recovery steps to build powerful and creative self-belief.
- Health needs: Coaches provide the necessary tips and encouragement that will have an impact on your health. They hold you accountable and committed to your fitness goals such as commitment to weight loss, meeting your dietary needs and your general well-being.
- Seeking balance:A coach helps you identify the most important aspects of your potential and set priorities. This helps and improves your productivity by defining strategies and goals that suit your aspirations.
- Promotion:When you get to a higher position, the coach is there to provide you with the required leadership skills which aid decision making. A coach provides the needed support to stay focused, teach the skills needed to prepare you for the position, make decisions that will connect the subordinate’s goals and those of the organization.
In short, coaching is for everyone seeking advancement in their endeavours.