Life coaching in Clapham
Do you need to slow down?
How to make your life more enjoyable. We live in a throw away fast paced world now.
Have you ever tried slowing down? How does it feel?
Are you more affective when you slow down?
Are you always on your mobile, or your iPad or whatever technical gismo is on the market?
Are you constantly being entertained in some way? TV, eating, chatting, Reading. No time for just having a quiet mind and arranging your thoughts peacefully, instead of that constant chatter we hear in our heads.
1. Cut down the amount you do. Priorities’ and just focus on one thing at a time, Do a few things well, instead of loads of things badly.
2. Be present. Don’t let your mind wonder. Just live in the here and now. Really enjoy whatever activity you are doing, be present.
3. Remove yourself. Turn your phone off, your PC off anything that will not allow you to relax or focus on the job at hand. It’s very intrusive always being available to everyone and subconsciously you just won’t relax properly if it is possible to contact you. Have me time.
4. Live in the moment. Do you meet friends but you’re not really present and listening, you’re thinking about what you want to say instead? You may think your friends or colleagues don’t notice but guess what they probably do. Be a better friend or work colleague.
5. Notice what’s around you. How often do we really enjoy being outdoors, looking up at the sky, watch the clouds float by? Feel the warmth of the sun and close our eyes. Appreciate what is all around us. The greenery and nature. Not often I would imagine as we are listening to our iPod or on the phone or have our face in a newspaper.
6. Don’t rush your food… Really enjoy your food. How often do we even chew our food properly, never mind even taste it properly? Always rushing about or not being present for instance eating your dinner in front of the TV.
7. Slow down. Leave more time for car journeys. Don’t stress yourself out. Better to be early and calm and relaxed having enjoyed the drive, the scenery, saving petrol and driving well and avoiding accidents
8. Find enjoyment in all you do. It may sound silly at first but think of the daily chores we all have. Washing up, changing the bed sheets, ironing and so on, Try and enjoy each activity by being present, Feel the crisp just ironed bed sheets, smell the fragrance of the washing powder you have chosen, Think about how nice it will be to lie in the fresh sheets later. Try and do this with everything you do. It will eventually become a good habit
9. Stop multi-tasking. Don’t jump from one task to another, Do one thing at a time. Slow down
10. Breathe. When you’re running around like a headless chicken, just stop and take a deep breath, do this 3 times this will bring you back to the present and re focus you.
Annie fontaine life coaching . call 07872055567 to receive your complimentary 30 mins coaching session
life coaching in Clapham