We all decide that each year will be improved upon and with the best of intentions we set new goals and improve our daily lives. However, often limiting beliefs are holding us back from succeeding in what we believed were completely possible changes. Let me help you get unstuck and start moving towards your dreams and begin on the road to self improvement.
Steps Towards Self Improvement:
- Step outside your comfort zone. You may have been planning to join a gym, write a book or travel. Get a mind map together to be clear on your dreams and future wishes. (Google mind maps)
2.Limiting beliefs.Â These negative thoughts stop us progressing and moving forward. Thoughts such as, â€œIâ€™m not good enough, clever enough, pretty enough.â€ Or â€˜â€™no one likes work and their jobs really, everyone finds life hard, thatâ€™s the way it isâ€, etc. (The 7 rules of success byÂ Fiona Harold) book recommendation.
3.Get balance into your life. Think about what really makes you happy and think about what things you need to do daily to enrich your life and work towards self improvement.
- Take care of and nurture yourself. You cannot accomplish anything if youâ€™re unhealthy. â€¦
- Know what your priorities are. Balance does not entail cramming in every activity possible. â€¦
- Create an efficient mindset. â€¦
- Expect the unexpected. â€¦
- Maintain a positive mental attitude.
4.Procrastination. (how to stop procrastinatingÂ with the 2 minute rule)Â There are two parts to the 2â€“Minute Rule:
Part 1 â€” If it takes less than two minutes, then do it now. Part I comes from David Allenâ€™s bestselling book, â€˜Getting Things Doneâ€™. Itâ€™s surprising how many things we put off that we could get done in two minutes or less. For example, washing your dishes immediately after your meal, puttingÂ the laundry in the washing machine, taking out the rubbish, cleaning up clutter, sending that email, and so on.
Part 2 â€” When you start a new habit, it should take less than two minutes to do.
Can all your goals be accomplished in less than two minutes? Obviously not.
But,Â every goal can be started in 2 minutes or less.Â And thatâ€™s the purpose behind this little rule that helps self improvement.
It might sound like this strategy is too basic for your grand life goals, but I beg to differ. It works for any goal because of one simple reason: the physics of real life.
The 2â€“Minute Rule works for big goals as well as small goals because of the inertia of life. Once you start doing something, itâ€™s easier to continue doing it. I love the 2â€“Minute Rule because it embraces the idea that all sorts of good things happenÂ once you get started, and then you are well on the way to ditching your limited beliefs and progressing in your self improvement.
- Willpower. Donâ€™tÂ keep yourself in a constant state of willpower depletion. â€¦Use your imagination. â€¦Think about something else. â€¦Build good habits; youâ€™ll need them when youâ€™re stressed. â€¦One step at a time. â€¦Be yourself. â€¦Donâ€™t put yourself in temptationâ€™s way, or if you do, have a plan to work towards self improvement.
How Can a Life Coach Help With Self Belief?
A life coach can help set you up with the mindset and the tools to break free from your limiting beliefs, and embark on your journey of self improvement. Speaking to someone with experience in understanding the reasoning behind limiting beliefs can massively ease the burden on you.