We would all love to unlock the key to counteracting low self-esteem and unfortunately it is something that many adults struggle with. However, with the help of a life coach it is something which can easily be overcome.
Where does low self-esteem come from?
- Low self-esteem comes from lack of confidence. It usually stems from childhood or from bad school experiences. If as a child you processed certain experiences in a negative way, e.g. being bullied at school, that may create a negative self-image. Feeling like a failure with your studies, being unpopular, being ridiculed, being told by siblings or parents that you are stupid or fat, this may have lasting problems with negative self-belief.
- Yes, these are all negative situations, but what is key is how you process it internally, how you handle the problem and how you see yourself through it.
- Your home life is of huge importance and by the age of 5, when self-esteem is established in a child, it poses a huge responsibility to the adults who surround this child to get it right!
- The fact your adult years will be affected and have such a huge impact on your life, the places you go, the choices you make, the job you have, the partner you have.
- If low self-esteem develops in childhood, it is paramount to tread carefully and nurture your child, build your child up, fill them with confidence and teach them to value themselves at such an important development time in their lives. A careless comment could have huge implications later, as I explained before, children will process in a different way to an adult and carry the negative self-image through to adulthood. I see so many clients with the same issue of low self-esteem.
- Trauma is another factor leading to low self-esteem. Often it arises if an individual faces trauma, such as emotional or physical abuse and they do not see a professional to work through it. This is where life coaching can be especially useful.
We as adults have such a massive responsibility to our young, and it is time we all educated ourselves and took the job seriously!!!
Can life coaching help?
- Seeing a life coach can help you work through the root causes of your low self-esteem and mean that you can start to improve your self image
- A life coach can equip you with the tools to start your journey towards having better self esteem
- Creating a plan together of how you can progress forward
For more advice like this consider Annie Fontaine life coaching! Call 07872055567 to receive your complimentary 30 mins coaching session.